Legal Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a highly accurate and organized individual for a new Legal Administrative Assistant opportunity in the Peterborough area.
The successful candidate will help support lawyers and paralegals by performing administrative duties, greeting visitors, answering phones, communicating with solicitors, conducting legal research, managing schedules and more.
Legal Administrative Assistants must have exceptional organizational skills and a high level of professionalism. Prior administrative experience in a law office is an asset.
Legal Administrative Assistant Duties:
- Transcribing and proofreading legal documents
- Filing, organizing, scanning, copying and faxing legal documents
- Scheduling court depositions hearings and client meetings
- Organizing solicitor schedules e.g. travel arrangements, meetings
- Processing invoices
- Speaking with clients over the phone and in person
- Filing documents with the court ahead of deadlines
- Other duties as required
Legal Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- Strong administrative skills
- Computer literate (software & hardware)
- Prior legal administrative experience a plus
- Highly organized and efficient
- The ability to be professional and courteous
- The ability to work in a team
- Strong sense of discretion
- Ability to prioritize
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Familiarity with legal terminology
To apply, please send us your "Legal Administrative Assistant" resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!