Business Development Officer (Oshawa)
We are seeking a skilled and dynamic individual for a new Business Development Officer opportunity with our team in Oshawa.
Our Business Development role is ideal for candidates who would like to grow within a role, learn the employment industry and develop their sales skills.
The successful incumbent will develop new accounts while actively promoting the company in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
A large portion of the Business Development Officer's time will be spent on the phone and on the road servicing our existing client base and developing new business through offering our extensive suite of employment solutions.
Our aim is to facilitate our clients’ needs by providing them the best possible staff, ensuring their needs are met through appropriate recruiting, screening and selecting of employees for effective and efficient operations.
Business Development Officer Duties:
- Prepare action plans with the sales team for effective search of sales leads and new prospects
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning prospect and client accounts
- Sell and promote all services offered, creating proposals and conducting presentations to prospective clients
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area, both active and inactive
- Other duties as required
Business Development Officer Requirements:
- A valid G or G2 driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Strong working knowledge of communication principles and practices
- Experience in Communications or PR agency strongly preferred
- Prior sales experience, preferably in a call centre or b2b environment
- Ability to operate a computer and peripherals, with strong typing skills
- Management experience preferred
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Own a professional wardrobe of business casual clothes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must possess strong project management and time management skills
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment and see a project through to completion.
- Travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 10 lbs may be required
- Office Hours: 8 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday
Salary to be negotiated
To apply, please send us your "Business Development Officer - Oshawa" resume in MS Word or PDF format
Thank you for applying!